Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Funday in France

Today I enjoyed a late lunch with my host family and some of their extended family. I was so excited to use a new vocab word, enchantee (pleased to meet you). We ate chicken (poulet), rice, and green beans. Then swiss cheese, bread, and a raspberry crumble for dessert. We also had white and red with lunch. They have a wine cellar in the basement, but only open bottles when they have company. I would like to continue the long family Sunday lunch tradition at home.

Exterior of the Museum
After lunch I went back to the Marais area to go to the hunting and nature museum called the Musée de la chasse et de la NatureIt's definitely not something I'd typically be interested in, but it was really neat. The museum is in a nice building and houses tapestries, sculptures, paintings, furniture, stuffed animals, and guns. I especially like some of the light fixtures. 
Chair with a thistle on the seat 

Light fixture

Here's to you Dad & Peter

Just by chance, I stumbled upon a Louis Vuitton exhibit at the Musée Carnavalet afterwards. It was so cool. All I want now is a Louis trunk. There was one trunk from 1905 that has a pull out cot! Another one had individual compartments for 30 pairs of ladies shoes. 






2 comments:

  1. i am totally down for a long sunday lunch. fall 2011 throwdown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, Votre blog est merveilleux, je suis très fier de vous. Love Papa

    ReplyDelete