Thursday, February 10, 2011

Le Chateaubriand

My Wednesday night dinner friends and I had yet another great meal. We ate at Le Chateaubriand in the 11th. We didn't have a reservation, but were able to snag a table without waiting just after 9:00. The restaurant had a set 5 course menu plus amuses bouche. I thought each dish was very creative. I enjoyed the scallops most, but the two mini desserts were great as well. Our waiter was part French, part British and his looks reminded us of Orlando Bloom. The restaurant was packed all night. They seated a new table next to us after 10:00 and people were still waiting at the bar.

Here's what we ate:
Amuse,  Ceviche 'Shooter'
Amuse, Crab and Radish
Morue d'Alcorta, pil-pil, pommes de terre (Cod)
Saint-Jacques, oignons des Cevennes, herbes, tea matcha
Magret, chou pourpre, tamarin, Kalamata (Duck)
Endive, orange, olive
Chocolat, celeri
I walked around Luxembourg Gardens (Jardin du Luxembourg) the other day and will probably go today if the weather clears up by the afternoon. It's the second largest public park in Paris so it's a great place to exercise and people watch. Plus, it only takes about 10 minutes to walk from my house. It's not quite like walking up to Rice University like I do in Houston. There are sculptures, fountains, and chairs for people to sit and relax. Last time I saw a group of old men playing bocce ball together. The park even has a metal coat rack next to the paved gravel area for players to hang their coats! I wonder if they all knew each other or if random people join. I do have some bocce experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment